I am a quilter and would like to make and donate a quilt for the Comforter Ministry.
Criteria for Making And Donating Comforter
- Size of the comforter should approximately measure 57”x70” (often called a nap quilt).
- Seam allowances should be one-half inch so comforters will hold up better but they can be one-fourth inch if necessary/easier.
- May hand quilt, machine quilt, or tie the comforter.
- Include at least one (1) heart on the front side of the comforter.
- Fabrics and batting need to be washable/easy care. Fabrics that are 100% cottons are encouraged due to skin sensitivity of many cancer patients while in treatment and after.
- Quilter’s name, city, state, and date comforter is completed should be written on the back of the comforter, using some permanent method.
- Fill out the Comforter Ministry journal page entitled “Greetings from the Quilter” with words of encouragement, Bible verses, a little about yourself, a prayer, or whatever you wish to pass along to the recipients of your comforter.
- Provide three (3) colored pictures of the completed comforter, preferably all the same. Put one inside the vellum envelope opposite the “Greeting from the Quilter” page in the Comforter Ministry journal. Send the other two (2) pictures along with the completed comforter and journal; one for a Comforter Ministry album of all the comforters made for the ministry and the other for the file of the recipient of that particular comforter and journal which I maintain. Send the completed comforter, journal, and pictures to Comforter Ministry, Inc., Susanne Hanson, 12302 E. Fitzgerald Lane, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545-9104
- Please be active in prayer as you make this special gift of love and comfort.
If you have not received a journal you should request one from Comforter Ministry, Inc. before sending your completed comforter. (Refer to Contact Information)